PRIMARY CHAMPION SCHOOLS TRIATHLON
who to contact
Thursday 29 October 2020
Teams Event – $36 per team
Aquathlon – $5 per competitor
Friday 6 November 2020
Champion Lakes Regatta Centre
click the button/s below to nominate
This is a team event with three competitors in each team.
Each member will complete one leg of the triathlon (swim 200m, cycle 6km, run 2km). Schools are advised to ensure that swimmers nominated can successfully complete a 300m swim.
Competitors must attend the nominating primary school and be enrolled in years 4 (& under at the discretion of the school) 5 or 6 . Year 7 students must compete in the Secondary Schools Triathlon on Thursday 5 November 2020
There will be a boys’ and a girls’ division,
Distances are 1km run, 200m swim, 1km run
Athletes who compete in Div C or D teams cannot compete in the Aquathlon
This event is also the selection race for the Interstate Aquathlon Event
Click HERE for the 2020 Information Booklet
- Five divisions (A, B, Girls, C, D) are offered for this event.
- Schools may nominate any number of teams
- Teams can be any mix of gender or year group.
- Division A is for the more elite teams and teams with cyclists on road/race bikes.
- Divisions B, C and D are intended for teams to be entered according to team rankings.
- Girls Division is for those who wish to compete in a team of 3 girls. Girls may still compete in the A,B,C or D Divisions in mixed teams, but cannot participate in 2 races on the same day. Road/race bikes can be ridden in the Girls division.
- It would be appropriate to allocate, where possible, teams to compete in each division. Organisers reserve the right to allocate teams according to division numbers and race balance.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Click HERE for 2020 Primary Triathlon – Race Numbers
Schools are required to bring along a thick waterproof marking pen to mark the competitors, with their number. Please mark numbers be on both arms and the front of the right thigh/shin depending upon student race wear.
Timing bands will be worn
9.00 – 9.30am – Inspection of bikes and helmets on entry to transition
9.30am – Race briefing
10.00am – Race start: A ,B, Girls, C, D Divisions
12.00pm – Aquathlon Boys and Girls Divisions
1.00pm (approx.) – Presentations
First, second and third placed teams in each division will receive a medal
A Champion School award will be calculated according to the following criteria;
- Schools must enter a minimum of five teams (regardless of division nominated)
- At least one school team must compete in Division A.
- Winning school calculated according to the lowest combined time for its five fastest teams.
Medals will be awarded to the first 3 across the line in each division.