PRIMARY CHAMPION SCHOOLS TRIATHLON
who to contact
Thursday 27 October 2022
Teams Event – $36 per team
SSWA will invoice schools after the event based on race chips allocated
Aquathlon – $5 per competitor
Friday 4 November 2022
Champion Lakes Regatta Centre
Nominations open early January in the year of the competition.
click the button/s below to nominate
This is a team event with three competitors in each team.
Each member will complete one leg of the triathlon (swim 200m, cycle 6km, run 2km). Schools are advised to ensure that swimmers nominated can successfully complete a 300m swim.
Competitors must attend the nominating primary school and be enrolled in years 4 (& under at the discretion of the school) 5 or 6 . Year 7 students must compete in the Secondary Schools Triathlon on Thursday 3 November 2022.
The Aquathlon will be broken into age group and gender wave starts. Wave starts will be announced in the week leading to race day.
Distances are 1km run, 200m swim, 1km run
Athletes who compete in Div C or D teams cannot compete in the Aquathlon
This event is also the selection race for the Interstate Aquathlon Event
Click HERE for the 2022 Information Booklet (when available)
- Five divisions (A, B, Girls, C, D) are offered for this event.
- Schools may nominate any number of teams
- Teams can be any mix of gender or year group.
- Division A is for the more elite teams and teams with cyclists on road/race bikes.
- Divisions B, C and D are intended for teams to be entered according to team rankings.
- Girls Division is for those who wish to compete in a team of 3 girls. Girls may still compete in the A,B,C or D Divisions in mixed teams, but cannot participate in 2 races on the same day. Road/race bikes can be ridden in the Girls division.
- It would be appropriate to allocate, where possible, teams to compete in each division. Organisers reserve the right to allocate teams according to division numbers and race balance.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Click HERE for 2022 Primary Triathlon – Race Numbers (when available)
Schools are required to bring along a thick waterproof marking pen to mark the competitors, with their number. Please mark numbers be on both arms and the front of the right thigh/shin depending upon student race wear.
Timing bands will be worn
Teachers and individual athletes should collect their team’s timing bands from the registration desk on arrival at the venue. These are allocated by number to each competitor, please make sure the competitor has the correct number timing band. Click HERE for a short explanation of how to put the band on the ankle correctly.
9.00 – 9.30am – Inspection of bikes and helmets on entry to transition
9.30am – Race briefing
10.00am – Race start: A, B, Girls, C, D Divisions
12.00pm – Aquathlon Boys and Girls Divisions
1.00pm (approx.) – Presentations
Wave Starts – Click HERE (when available)
Click HERE for Risk Management insurance documents
Click HERE for Risk Management information for principals and parents
Click HERE for Bike Helmet Fitting Information
Click HERE for Bike Safety Check Information
Click HERE for catering information
Results for ALL Teams divisions – Click HERE
Champion School 2021:
1st St Mark’s ACS
2nd Kapinara PS
3rd Hale School
First, second and third placed teams in each division will receive a medal
A Champion School award will be calculated according to the following criteria;
- Schools must enter a minimum of five teams (regardless of division nominated)
- At least one school team must compete in Division A.
- Winning school calculated according to the lowest combined time for its five fastest teams.
Medals will be awarded to the first 3 across the line in each division.
The full range of Triathlon merchandise will be published closer to the event