SCHOOL SPORT WA
state team parents
Congratulations on the selection as a potential member of a School Sport WA interstate team. We trust that, subject to final confirmation, your experiences gained, as a member of this team will be enjoyable, rewarding and provide enduring memories.
To confirm a place in the team you need to complete the following steps within 5 workings days of the Parent Information Meeting;
- Complete the ‘Online Uniform Order & Payment’ which is located in the Uniforms tab above
- Complete and return the ‘SSWA Interstate Team Payment Form’ to the SSWA Office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and return the ‘Interstate Team Acceptance Form’ to the SSWA office (Information requested needs to be signed by the student, parent and School Principal.) A copy of this form is in your Parent Information Booklet which was distributed at the Parent Meeting. If you need an additional form this can be located on the Registration and Acceptance tab.
Only receipt of the above paperwork and payment of the deposit will confirm the students place in the team.
Failure to respond within the prescribed time frame will indicate you do not wish to accept a place in the team.
To complete the ‘Online Registration Form’ you will need the following information;
- Contact details for student and parents including address, phone, mobile and email address [note: student name must be as per birth certificate for booking purposes]
- Medicare number
- Health Fund name & member number
- Medical conditions
- Date of last tetanus injection
- Medication details
- Dietary requirements
- Swimming Ability
- Emergency contact details [person other than parents]
- Alternate flight details if not using SSWA Option 1 [Date, Times, Flight Numbers & escort contact details] – not required 2021
- Alternate accommodation details if not using SSWA Option A [Name, address and contact phone] – not required 2021
The total cost of the event is estimated at between $2000 and $2500, less fund raising. Team membership will be confirmed on return of forms and receipt of your deposit within five days of the Parent Information Meeting.
A deposit of $500 is due on or before the nominated date [within 15 working days of the Parent Meeting]. The deposit must be paid by the requested date to confirm team membership regardless of any alternative air transport that may have been arranged.
A final payment of the balance will be made two weeks prior to departure. Travel will only be permitted if team members have fully paid, or a Financial Agreement contract has been negotiated, and lodged, with SSWA in advance.
Payment can be through:
- Visa or MasterCard via the SSWA website HERE
SPONSORSHIP AND GRANTS
Local Sporting Champions Grant Program. Please click HERE
Athlete Travel Subsidy Scheme – Please Click HERE for eligibility criteria.
Australian Sports Foundation Fundraising Program – Please click HERE
An online uniform order will need to be completed on the following link within 5 working days of the Parent Information Meeting. Both the “walk out” uniform and “playing” uniform are ordered based on the sizes selected at the try on fitting.
The uniform order and payment is to be completed online at https://schoolsportwa.ontracksportswear.com.au
Once the order is confirmed any additions or alterations will be transacted directly with the clothing supplier Glenn Stockden. [OnTrack Sportswear] – email@example.com
ENDORSED PROGRAM (ADESP) – WACE
Students in Year 10, 11 and 12 who are selected in SSWA state representative teams can be recognised for the significant learning encompassed within such activities through the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) endorsed programs. Schools must be approached by the student to enrol them in the relevant endorsed program category.
To be awarded credit points, students must commit a number of hours outside of school time to activities associated with the development of skills and performance relevant to the specific sport. Typically players would accumulate this time through training and competition. Coaches and managers will manage and monitor this time. A large proportion of SSWA Interstate teams, travel and play over a 5 day period, while being involved in a training and selection process prior to this.
Students are required to present an evidence portfolio of learning to SSWA officials and the school for assessment and reporting.
Schools must be approached to enroll students in the ADESP.
Click HERE to visit the SCSA (ADESP – Elite Sports Performance) website for specific details
For more information and the School Sport WA Portfolio please click HERE
We value the opinions of parents and students involved in our Interstate Program.
This feedback will be used to enhance future tours and we thank you for taking the time to contribute your thoughts.
Please click HERE to complete the Online Survey