2021 PRIMARY CHAMPION SCHOOLS CROSS COUNTRY
who to contact
Monday 2nd August
Team List due Fri 6 Aug
$10.00 per student
Thursday 12 August 2021
UWA Sports Park
Brockway Rd, Mt Claremont
click the button/s below to nominate
SSWA will invoice school teams after the event
based on allocated race chips
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ESSENTIAL
SSWA will NOT accept individual nominations that
have been submitted but not paid by credit card
A separate nomination for each child is required
This Cross Country Championship is open to all Yr 3-6 Western Australian school students. The event will be nomination by year group and gender for Yr 3, Yr 4, Yr 5 and Yr 6 students.
The Yr 3 races will be separate boys and girls events this year. Students will be awarded medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, school team trophies but NOT points towards their school’s final total.
Multi Class Athletes – may compete over the distances provided. To enter as a multi class athlete complete the Individual Nomination form ensuring your classification and required distances are listed.
Multi Disability Qualifying National CC 2019
2021 INFORMATION BOOKLET Click HERE
Please read all information provided. Course maps are included.
RACE NUMBERS Click HERE
2021 Primary Cross Country Race Numbers are posted prior to the event.
Risk Management from providers
Click HERE for SSWA and venue Certificates of Currency
Click HERE for Excursion Management Plan for principals / parents
- Students attending with their school teams will have a separate gathering and viewing area to students who attend with their parents. Parents will not have access to the School Area
- Individual students (those not competing as a part of a school team) may be accompanied by their parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Parents are to observe physical distancing if required and follow instructions and signage at the event.
Your nomination is a confirmation that you will comply with the protocols put in place to keep both school students and adults as safe as possible at this event.
- Step 1. Nominate your school via the SCHOOL TEAMS button above by Monday 2nd August
- Step 2. Download the SCHOOL TEAM LIST TEMPLATE Updated 21 July and save it to your computer. Enter your name lists in the required cells then save.
- Step 3. Email this document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6 August
- Step 4. If you have changes or additions simply email the School Sport WA office to inform them of any alterations.
- Schools must not make any competitor number changes as this WILL affect the computerised results system.
- Cost is $10 per student – Payment at check out can be at nomination by credit card OR SSWA will invoice schools after the event.
- Step 1. Nominate the student via the INDIVIDUALS button. Please ensure that your school principal is aware of this entry.
- A separate nomination for a second student is required.
- To do this, after you have filled in the details for child #1 and clicked ADD TO CART, a page summary will appear. Fill in child # 2 details on that page and click ADD TO CART again. VIEW CART and your nomination will update then proceed to check out.
- Cost is $10 per student – payable at check out by credit card ONLY.
- PLEASE NOTE: Individuals cannot be invoiced by SSWA, this option is only available to school teams.
- DO NOT PAY by the PAY HERE button
Teams consist of five competitors and schools are encouraged to enter a team in every gender and year group. Additional teams or individuals from individual schools may be nominated.
The first 4 students to complete the race in each category will form the team for that school. Individual athletes may be entered if a team cannot be formed.
- Allocated Race timing BIBS will be issued to all competitors on the day. Schools and must collect these from the registration desk by 9.15am and ensure that they are issued to the correct runners. Individual entrants must collect their race BIB 40 minutes prior to the start of their race.
- Race BIBS must be pinned to the chest area of the runner’s shirt. Please use all 4 safety pins provided with each bib. BIBS must be visible on the chest as the runner crosses the finish line.
- For the safe and efficient running of this event schools are required to provide officials who must be present at the 9.30am officials’ briefing.
- Water will be available from a number of taps and a water tank. Runners must provide their own drink containers.
- Teams can check their competitor numbers on the information posted near the recording area. This should be done as early as possible.
- Identify where the marshalling area is, well before race starts.
- Schools are responsible for cleaning up their own area before departure. Additional bins will be provided.
- All races will start on time so students must be at the marshalling area at least ten minutes prior to the commencement of their race.
- There is an age group team event, so each sex/age group is eligible to win a shield for their particular event
Girls Year 4
Boys Year 4
Girls Year 3
Boys Year 3
Girls Year 5
Boys Year 5
Girls Year 6
Boys Year 6
2000m Course Map Year 3 & Year 4
2500m Course Map Year 5 & Year 6
State Team Selection Race
The 2022 State Team selection trial event for 10, 11 & 12 year old boys and girls will be held as part of the Secondary Champion Schools Cross Country event on Friday 20 May 2022. The first 20 students across the line in each race will receive a note inviting them to participate in this event in 2022. For more information check the Interstate section of the website and nominate for the interstate team. You will also need to nominate as an individual on the Secondary Cross Country page in your age group.
Click HERE to see a range of Cross Country and School Sport WA merchandise to remember your participation in this event in 2021.
You can purchase items at the Primary Cross Country on 12th August or place an order online HERE