SECONDARY CHAMPION SCHOOLS CROSS COUNTRY
who to contact
Mon 19 April 2021
$10.00 per student
Thu 29 April 2021
UWA Sports Park
Brockway Rd, Mt Claremont
click the button/s below to nominate
Credit card payment can be made at check out
OR SSWA will invoice after the event
Credit card payments only
A separate nomination for each child is required
This Cross Country competition is open to all Government and Non-Government school students. As well as an inter-school competition it also provides an opportunity for individual students whose schools do not enter a team to compete.
The competition is the platform for selection into the SSWA Interstate Cross Country team which competes in the School Sport Australia Cross Country Championships in term three (3) of the year.
Multi Class Athletes – may compete over the distances provided. To enter as a multi class athlete complete the Individual Nomination form ensuring your classification and required distances are listed. Multi class athletes are eligible for selection to the state team.
Refer to the Multi Disability Qualifying National CC 2019 TBA
2021 INFORMATION BOOKLET TBA
Please read all information provided. Course maps are included.
Click HERE for 2021 Secondary XC Race Numbers TBA Tue 27 April 4pm
1. School team race numbers are at the top of the spreadsheet sorted alphabetical by school
2. Individual race numbers are at the bottom of the spreadsheet sorted by race/event and then by surname **
Click HERE for SSWA and venues Certificates of Currency
Click HERE for Excursion Management Plan TBA
- Step 1. Nominate your school via the SCHOOL TEAMS button above by Monday 19 April
- Step 2. Download the School-Team-List. TBA Save it your computer and enter you name lists in the required cells then save.
- Step 3. Email this document to email@example.com by Friday 23 April
- Step 4. If you have changes or additions simply email the School Sport WA office to inform them of any alterations.
Schools must not make any competitor number changes as this WILL affect the computerised results system.
- Cost is $10 per student – SSWA will invoice schools after the event – Payment at check out can be at nomination by credit card OR SSWA will invoice schools after the event.
- Step 1. Nominate the student via the INDIVIDUALS button. Please ensure that your school principal is aware of this entry.
- A separate nomination for a second student is required.
- To do this, after you have filled in the details for child #1 and clicked ADD TO CART, a page summary will appear. Fill in child # 2 details on that page and click ADD TO CART again. VIEW CART and your nomination will update then proceed to check out.
- Cost is $10 per student – payable at check out by credit card
- PLEASE NOTE: Individuals cannot be invoiced by SSWA, this option is only available to school teams.
- DO NOT PAY by the PAY HERE button
Teams consist of five competitors and schools are encouraged to enter a team in every gender and year group. Additional teams or individuals from individual schools may be nominated.
The first 4 students to complete the race in each category will form the team for that school. Individual athletes may be entered if a team cannot be formed.
- Allocated Race timing BIBS will be issued to all competitors on the day. Registration desk will be open from 7.45am. Schools and must collect these from the registration desk by 9.15am and ensure that they are issued to the correct runners. Individual entrants must collect their race BIB 40 minutes prior to the start of their race.
- Race BIBS must be pinned to the chest area of the runner’s shirt. Please bring and use 4 safety pins per competitor. BIBS must be visible on the chest as the runner crosses the finish line.
- For the safe and efficient running of this event schools are required to provide officials who must be present at the 9.30am officials’ briefing.
- Water will be available from a number of taps and a water tank. Runners must provide their own drink containers.
- Teams can check their competitor numbers on the information posted near the recording area. This should be done as early as possible.
- Identify where the marshalling area is, well before race starts.
- Schools are responsible for cleaning up their own area before departure. Additional bins will be provided.
- All races will start on time so students must be at the marshalling area at least ten minutes prior to the commencement of their race.
- There is an age group team event, so each sex/age group is eligible to win a shield for their particular event.
Registration desk will be open from 7:45am for collection of race bibs.
Please pay online at the time of nomination.
Please arrive at least an hour before your race starts to register and collect timing bib.
Boys and Girls 11 years
Boys and Girls 10 years
|Boys 16 Yrs & 17 Yrs & O|
* PLEASE NOTE:18 Years runners will run 6000m but please note at the National Championships they must run 8000m
|Girls 16 Yrs & 17 Yrs & O|
*PLEASE NOTE:18 Years runners will run 4000m but please note at the National Championships they must run 6000m
|Boys 12 Years|
|Girls 12 Years|
|Boys 13 Years|
|Girls 13 Years|
|Boys 14 Years|
|Girls 15 Years|
|Boys 15 Years|
|Girls 14 Years|
Presentations for individuals will be done after each event
Presentations for Race 12 (approx 1:20pm)
School Team Presentations (approx 1:25pm)
State Teams Selection Races
These events will also be used as the SSWA State Team trial. State coaches/managers will be in attendance at the event to monitor the age divisions and address prospective team members. The 10yrs and 11yrs races are ONLY selection trials. Winners will not be awarded prizes.
All students who nominate as individuals will be considered for state selection unless SSWA is notified otherwise.
Students in school teams wishing to be considered for State Team Selection must nominate for the interstate team on the Cross Country interstate page