2022 SECONDARY CHAMPION SCHOOLS CROSS COUNTRY
who to contact
Schools: Fri 13 May 2022
Individuals: Fri 13 May 2022
School team lists due:
Fri 13 May 2022
$10.00 per student
SSWA will invoice school teams after the event based on race chips allocated
Fri 20 May 2022
UWA Sports Park
Brockway Rd, Mt Claremont
Nominations open early January in the year of the competition.
click the button/s below to nominate
Credit card payment can be made at check out
OR SSWA will invoice after the event
Credit card payments only
A separate nomination for each child is required
Click on the button above or links below to view live results of all of the races: Race times:
Boys and Girls 11 yrs 9:10AM
Boys and Girls 10 yrs 9:30AM
Girls 16 yrs, 17 yrs & Over 9:45AM
Boys 16 yrs, 17 yrs & Over 10:10AM
Girls 12 yrs 10:40AM
Boys 12 yrs 11:00AM
Girls 13 yrs 11:20AM
Boys 13 yrs 11:40AM
Girls 14 yrs 12:00AM
Boys 15 yrs 12:25PM
Girls 15 yrs 12:45PM
Boys 14 yrs 1:05PM
This Cross Country competition is open to all Government and Non-Government school students. As well as an inter-school competition it also provides an opportunity for individual students whose schools do not enter a team to compete.
The competition is the platform for selection into the SSWA Interstate Cross Country team which competes in the School Sport Australia Cross Country Championships in term three (3) of the year.
Multi Class Athletes – may compete over the distances provided. To enter as a multi class athlete complete the Individual Nomination form ensuring your classification and required distances are listed. Multi class athletes are eligible for selection to the state team.
Refer to the School Sport Australia Rules & Guidelines
2022 INFORMATION BOOKLET [Published 6-5-22]
Pease read all information provided. Course maps are included.
Click HERE for 2022 Secondary XC Race Numbers (Updated 5pm 18 May)
1. School team race numbers are at the top of the spreadsheet sorted alphabetical by school
2. Individual race numbers are at the bottom of the spreadsheet sorted by race/event and then by surname **
Any queries please email email@example.com
Teams consist of a maximum of five competitors and schools are encouraged to enter a team in every gender and year group. Additional teams or individuals from individual schools may be nominated.
The first 3 students to complete the race in each category will form the team score for that school*. Individual athletes may be entered if a team cannot be formed.
- Allocated Race timing BIBS will be issued to all competitors on the day. Registration desk will be open from 7.45am. Schools and must collect these from the registration desk by 9.15am and ensure that they are issued to the correct runners. Individual entrants must collect their race BIB 40 minutes prior to the start of their race.
- Race BIBS must be pinned to the chest area of the runner’s shirt. Please bring and use 4 safety pins per competitor. BIBS must be visible on the chest as the runner crosses the finish line.
- For the safe and efficient running of this event schools are required to provide officials who must be present at the 9.30am officials’ briefing.
- Water will be available from a number of taps and a water tank. Runners must provide their own drink containers.
- Teams can check their competitor numbers on the information posted near the recording area. This should be done as early as possible.
- Identify where the marshalling area is, well before race starts.
- Schools are responsible for cleaning up their own area before departure. Additional bins will be provided.
- All races will start on time so students must be at the marshalling area at least ten minutes prior to the commencement of their race.
- There is an age group team event, so each sex/age group is eligible to win a shield for their particular event.
Registration desk will be open from 7:45am for collection of race bibs.
Please pay online at the time of nomination.
Please arrive at least an hour before your race starts to register and collect timing bib.
Boys and Girls 11 years (turning 11 in 2022)
Boys and Girls 10 years (turning 10 in 2022)
Girls 16 Yrs & 17 Yrs & Over (turning 16 or 17 & O in 2022)
Boys 16 Yrs & 17 Yrs & O (turning 16 or 17 & O in 2022)
|Girls 12 Years (turning 12 in 2022)|
|Boys 12 Years (turning 12 in 2022|
|Girls 13 Years (turning 13 in 2022|
|Boys 13 Years (turning 13 in 2022)|
|Girls 14 Years (turning 14 in 2022)|
|Boys 15 Years (turning 15 in 2022)|
|Girls 15 Years (turning 15 in 2022)|
|Boys 14 Years (turning 14 in 2022)|
Presentations for individuals will be done after each event
Presentations for Race 12 (approx 1:35pm)
School Team Presentations (approx 1:40pm)
2000 & 4000m Course Map
3000 & 6000 Course Map
State Teams Selection Races
These events will also be used as the SSWA State Team trial. State coaches/managers will be in attendance at the event to monitor the age divisions and address prospective team members. The 10yrs and 11yrs races are ONLY selection trials. Winners will not be awarded prizes.
All students who nominate as individuals will be considered for state selection unless SSWA is notified otherwise.
Students in school teams wishing to be considered for State Team Selection must nominate for the interstate team on the Cross Country interstate page
Click HERE to view 2021 Event Photos
Event murchandise is available from Sports Centre. Here is the link to their online store for Pre Event orders: Click HERE