Just an hour south of Perth, Mandurah and the Peel Region showcases stunning beaches, world class natural beauty, an abundance of wildlife and so much more.
The cosmopolitan City of Mandurah, set against the beautiful Indian Ocean and surrounded by inland waterways with an estuary twice the size of Sydney Harbour, offers an awarding winning waterfront dining, aquatic adventures, a vibrant arts and culture scene, high quality golf courses and plenty of places to shop.
- Hire a boat with Mandurah Boat and Bike Hire to explore the estuary, the canals and beyond at your own pace – no skippers ticket required.
- Join a Dolphin, Sunset Tapas or Murray River Lunch Cruise with Mandurah Cruises or indulge in a Seafood Lunch Cruise.
- Get hooked on fishing, casting a line from the beach or along the estuary or join a fishing charter with Port Bouvard Charters. Or learn how to fish with Skills2Fish.
- Take in the sights and sounds of the vast coastal and inland waterways by canoe, kayak or standup paddle board with WhatSUP Board Hire and Adventure or Kayaks4U.
- Enjoy the thrills of riding a jet ski with Stag Watersports.
- Be your own captain and cook a barbecue on the water with an electric round boat hired from Eco BBQ Boats – no skippers ticket required.
- Unwind on a fully equipped houseboat from Mandurah Houseboats – no skippers ticket required
- Find your perfect beach from 60km of coastline between Mandurah and Preston Beach and spend the day swimming or surfing.
- See Western Australia’s largest residential population of Indo-Pacific Bottlenose Dolphin on tour with Mandurah Cruises.
- Learn about Mandurah’s extensive wetland system on a guided nature walk with Ways to Nature at the Creery Wetlands where hundreds of migratory birds visit every year.
- Feel sand between your toes as you walk the long stretches of beaches in Mandurah, often you’ll be the only one on them. The locals love Town Beach, Blue Bay Beach, Falcon Bay Beach and Avalon Beach.
- Walk along the estuary and spot waterbirds on the nature walk at Len Howard Conservation Park in Erskine
- Explore Yalgorup National Park, stretching from south of Mandurah to Preston Beach. The park has ten elongated lakes, beautiful tuart and peppermint woodlands, walking trails, picnic spots and offers panoramic views of the beach, dunes and lakes.
- Visit the 2,000 year old thrombolite reef at Lake Clifton and see what life was like when earth began. Book a tour with Mandjoogoordap Dreaming, where George Walley will share with you the dreaming story of the thrombolites and other cultural knowledge and memories of the region’s first people, the Bindjareb people.
- Speed across an estuary twice the size of Sydney Harbour on a jet ski with Stag Watersports.
- Join Mandurah Cruises Dolphin Island Adventure, a 1,400 hp vessel before cruising through The Cut, a man- made channel, and along the coast.
- Catch some waves surfing at Avalon Point, Pyramids or Tim’s Thicket.
- Enjoy stunning aerial views on a scenic flight with the Royal Aero Club from the Murrayfield Aerodrome.
- Get the ultimate thrill of a lifetime on a tandem skydive with WA Skydiving Academy over Mandurah Beach or Pinjarra
- Tee off by the coast at Meadow Spring Golf & Country Club or The Cut Golf Course, one of Australia’s best golf courses.
- Challenge yourself and have a climb at the Mandurah Indoor Rock-Climbing Centre.
- Climb, swing and hang around high up in the treetops on an obstacle course at Trees Adventure, Lane Poole Reserve.
- Hire kayaks or bikes from Mandurah Boat and Bike Hire.
- Say ahoy and get ready to Yo Ho Ho as you cruise Mandurah’s waterways on the Pirate Ship Mandurah.
- Watch our wild bottlenose dolphins play and get up close to crabs and crayfish on the interactive 1.15 hours Dolphin & Scenic Marine Cruise with Mandurah Cruises.
- Board the Tourist Fun Train Company for a train ride tour.
- Hire bikes from Mandurah Boat and Bike Hire and ride north or south along the coastal cycle trails.
- Have fun taking photos with 3D art paintings on the Mandurah Instagram Trail.
- Bring out the competitive spirit in everyone and enjoy a fun game of min golf and Kings Carnival on Mandurah’s Western Foreshore.
- Take the kids for a bounce at Inflatable World or Flip Out Mandurah Indoor Trampoline Park.
- Have a climb at the Mandurah Indoor Rock-Climbing Centre.
- Amaze Miniature Park has hedge mazes, mini golf and a miniature English village and railways.
- Head to Ranger Red’s Zoo at Pinjarra to get close to native animals including koalas and Tasmanian devils.
- Climb a tree-top obstacle course through the forest at Tree Adventures in Dwellingup.
We have a range of accommodation in Mandurah and surrounds to suit your needs and budget, including hotels, self-contained apartments, caravan and camping, bed and breakfasts and forest cabins. Have a look! We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Visit Mandurah Destination Website
Mandurah Visitor Centre
75 Mandurah Tce, Mandurah 6210
(08) 9550 3999
Speak to the experts at a local Visitor Centre, they can help with maps, accommodation and tour bookings and provide local knowledge.