2016 INTERSTATE VOLLEYBALL
Who to Contact
|Tour Leader||Lorraine Feddema||SSWAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls Coach||Kieran Cranley|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|20 August to 26 August 2016
||Sydney, NSW||15 & U as at 31 December|
Interstate Trial Information
Please click on the above nomination tab
Nomination due TBA
|Cost||$20 per person to be paid via the PAY HERE tab on the SSWA website|
Boys and Girls – Please contact the Girls Coach – Kieran Cranley
Term 2 – Monday & Thursday nights at Volleyball Wa Development Squad venues.
Please contact the girls Coach, Kieran Cranley for more information.
|Eligibility||The Championships are open to all West Australian students whether or not they are members of an affiliated club. To be eligible for selection students must:
Volleyball Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Please click on the below links to nominate;
Volleyball Interstate Team Selection Policy
- School Sport WA (SSWA) participates in the School Sport Australia National Volleyball Championship for secondary schools (15 years and under).
- 15 Years and Under - All players will turn 15 years of age (or under) as at the 31st December in the year of competition
- Students eligible for selection in the state team must attend schools or Education Department recognised educational institutions
- The positions of Coach, Manager and Tour Leader are advertised annually
- Appointed officials will be selectors
Prior to Selection Trials
- Selectors meet to discuss selection criteria
- Selectors view potential players through VolleyballWA events, school games and any other volleyball activities
- Trial dates are determined by officials and SSWA
- Details and nomination form are posted on the SSWA website
- Volleyball WA is requested to distribute information to all affiliated clubs advertising trial information
- Nominations to be completed online, forwarded to the Sports Coordinator or handed to team managers at the trial
- List of nominees is cross matched with attendance at the trial
- Trials are conducted at advertised venue
- Selectors view players through a series of drills and game situations
- A preliminary squad is selected and invited to attend further training sessions
- Successful players are notified at the completion of the trial
- Players injured or unable to attend the trial will not necessarily be omitted from the final team and may be invited by selectors to attend trials or squad training sessions at later dates.
- Players must attend 75% of sessions unless they are a member of another State team.
- After a set number of training sessions the final team is announced
- A number of players may be invited to ‘train on’ as potential reserve players
- Selectors may advise players that certain squad training dates can be missed due to injury, travel or special commitments
- Players with school or VolleyballWA commitments, and who have completed the required SSWA nomination process, may be included in squads as their commitment is completed
- Should any player be ruled out prior to the Championship for any reason then a replacement player may be selected from the ‘train on’ group (dependent on team requirements)
Medal Winner Policy
The Medal winner will be base on the following:
- Coaches voting on a 3,2,1 system in each game.
- The opposition coaches voting on a 3,2,1 system in each game.
- The Medal winner is the player who polls the most votes over the championships.
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see the Volleyball Excursion Management Plan
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Daily and overall results;