The Department of Education and School Sport Western Australia are pleased to advise that interstate travel will be permitted for the 2022 National Championships.
Travel arrangements have been made in a COVID-19 safe manner. For these reasons, the following travel and accommodation arrangements have been put in place:
- parents or a nominated guardian are requested to travel and accommodate with their participating child
- in circumstances where students are unable to travel with a parent or guardian, they may be permitted to travel and accommodate with team officials.
Parents travelling and accommodating with their child will assume responsibility for:
- all costs associated with travel and accommodation
- transporting their child to each sporting competition
- caring for their child should they become unwell during the National Championships.
Should parents opt to have their child travel and accommodate with team officials, please be aware of the following requirements:
- should your child contract COVID-19 whilst interstate, a parent will be requested to travel and accommodate with their child throughout the isolation period
- a parent will be contactable by phone at all times throughout the travel period
- parents will provide permission for School Sport Western Australia staff to administer a RAT to any student who has symptoms or is identified as a close contact. RATs will be supplied by School Sport Western Australia.
- asymptomatic students identified as close contacts whilst on tour will adhere to the current protocols at the time of travel.
Should you have any queries or should these arrangements present any issues for you, please contact the School Sport Western Australia team on 6318 5711 or at email@example.com. We will endeavour to support all students selected to a State team, to be able to participate in the tour.
Mr Peter Smith
Department of Education