- School Sport WA (SSWA) participates in the School Sport Australia National Volleyball Championship for secondary schools (15 years and under).
- 15 Years and Under – All players will turn 15 years of age (or under) as at the 31st December in the year of competition
- Students eligible for selection in the state team must attend schools or Education Department recognised educational institutions
- The positions of Coach, Manager and Tour Leader are advertised bi-annually
- Appointed officials will be selectors
Prior to Selection Trials
- Selectors meet to discuss selection criteria
- Selectors view potential players through Volleyball WA events, school games and any other volleyball activities
- Trial dates are determined by officials and SSWA
- Details and nomination form are posted on the SSWA website
- Volleyball WA is requested to distribute information to all affiliated clubs advertising trial information
- Trials are conducted at advertised venue
- Selectors view players through a series of drills and game situations
- A preliminary squad is selected and invited to attend further training sessions
- Successful players are notified at the completion of the trial
- Players injured or unable to attend the trial will not necessarily be omitted from the final team and may be invited by selectors to attend trials or squad training sessions at later dates.
- A number of players may be invited to ‘train on’ as potential reserve players
- Players must attend 75% of sessions unless they are a member of another State team.
- Selectors may advise players that certain squad training dates can be missed due to injury, travel or special commitments
- Players with school or Volleyball WA commitments, and who have completed the required SSWA nomination process, may be included in squads as their commitment is completed
- Should any player be ruled out prior to the Championship for any reason then a replacement player may be selected from the ‘train on’ group (dependent on team requirements)
Medal Winner Policy
The Medal winner will be base on the following:
- Coaches voting on a 3,2,1 system in each game.
- The opposition coaches voting on a 3,2,1 system in each game.
- The Medal winner is the player who polls the most votes over the championships.