INTERSTATE TOUCH FOOTBALL
- The positions of Coach, Manager and Tour Manager are advertised annually through the School Sport WA website
- The appointed Touch Officials, in conjunction with the Touch Organising Committee, will appoint the team selectors to attend the initial selection trials for the squad and the team selection camp
- Selectors may include representatives from various affiliates.
Prior to Selection Trials
Selectors and officials will attend and view games at the following events to assess player eligibility:
- Junior State League
- Junior State Championships
- Youth Cup Yr 8/9 Interschool Tournaments
- School Sport WA Champion Schools Yr 10’s Tournament
- North West Games
Selectors and officials will meet to determine a list of eligible players. An invitational letter to be sent to all nominated players.
- Trial dates are determined by the Touch Selectors and Committee
- Trial details and nomination form are posted on the SSWA Website www.schoolsportwa.com.au
- Trials are held at a central venue.
- Communication with Country players will occur to confirm involvement. Players would need to submit fitness results and information, on request, to respective coaches
- Coaches will communicate their criteria for team selection
- Fitness Testing, Skills and Game play will be assessed during the trials
- At the trial the School Sport WA Tour Leader will allocate specific duties to key personnel
- Successful trialists are notified on the day and invited back to attend squad training
- Training will occur during the weeks leading up to the Team Selection Camp
- Country players are advised to attend squad training if they are in the metropolitan area (eg during school holidays)
- Players will be assessed through all training sessions
- It is compulsory to attend squad trainings
- Any injured squad member is required to attend training sessions to continue development and team processes
- Team Officials will communicate dates, times and venues for all training sessions
Team Selection Camp (This will not be held 2022)
- The Selection camp is a “live in” weekend camp
- All players must attend the camp to be considered for Team Selection
- The selection committee reserves the right to include players in extenuating circumstances who do not meet established selection criteria
- Fitness testing will be conducted on all players
- Skill development and Game play will be an integral part of the camp
- Off field behaviour will also be included in selection process
- Team officials will announce the team at the conclusion of the camp.
- A train on group may also be invited to continue training with the squad.
- Players injured during the trial process will not necessarily be omitted from the final team(s) and may be assessed prior to their inclusion/exclusion in the team. Team Officials will make the final decision.
- The Tour Leader may advise country players that they can miss certain trials or training sessions due to travel concerns
- Should any player be ruled out prior to the Championship a replacement player would be selected from the “train-on” group
- * Students who turn 11 in the year of competition and who are selected in the final team must be accompanied to the event by a parent or nominated guardian even if the student stays in the team accommodation.
Medal Winner Policy
- Player deemed to have displayed perseverance, commitment and team spirit, as voted by team officials.