INTERSTATE TENNIS 18s (PIZZEY CUP)
*As from 2019, selection to the Pizzey Cup designated trial date, if required, will be by invitation only. Players with outstanding results as deemed by the selection committee may be granted automatic inclusion*
All representative players must be under the age of nineteen (19) years at the end of the month in which the event is held.
Students who are selected to play in the Pizzey Cup will not be allowed to compete in any tournament played at the same time as the Championships.
The Western Australian School Sport WA Pizzey Cup team will be made up of eight boys and eight girls.
Players are to nominate, to be considered, for the Interstate team by completing the online nomination form. As it is an invitation only trial day (based on the below criteria), all nominees will be notified of inclusion / exclusion at the completion of the selection process – approximately one week before the designated trial day. A trial may not be required, should the players’ results be conclusive.
- 3 School Sport Officials
- 1 Tennis West Nominee
Team Selection Criteria
Invitations to the trial day will be based on:
- Consultation with the TW State Coach
- Results from National UTR events over the last 8 months
- Results from WA UTR events over the last 8 months
- Consideration of UTR Ranking (taken from Tennis Australia’s current list at time of trial)
- Singles head to head results (over the last 8 months) in sanctioned TW, National events, pennants or school events
- Doubles results (over the last 8 months), in TW, National events, or schools event
- Where selection is very close between 2 players, the older player will be given preference
- Player behaviour & conduct.
Final team selection will be based on all criteria stated above combined with performance on the WA Pizzey Cup invitation trial day (should the tail day be required).
The selection committee reserves the right to include players in extenuating circumstances who may not meet established selection criteria. E.g. Injury, new arrival to state.
The decision of the selection committee will be final.
The final team selected will be announced on the SSWA website.
Medal Winner Policy
Our Medal Winner will be given to the MVP as deemed by the tour officials. The following will be taken into consideration:
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player