INTERSTATE TENNIS 12s (BRUCE CUP)
*As from 2019, selection to the Bruce Cup designated trial date, if required, will be by invitation only.
Players with outstanding results as deemed by the selection committee may be granted automatic inclusion*
- Must turn 11* or 12 years of age in calendar year of the event.
- 10 year old players may be considered for selection based on outstanding National Ranking and results.
* Students who turn 10 & 11 in the year of competition who are selected in the final team must be accompanied to the event by a parent or nominated guardian even if the student stays in the team accommodation.
The Western Australian Bruce Cup team will be made up of seven girls and seven boys.
Players are to nominate, to be considered, for the Interstate team by completing the online nomination form. As it is an invitation only trial day (based on the below criteria), all nominees will be notified of inclusion / exclusion at the completion of the selection process – approximately one week before the designated trial day. A trial may not be required, should the players’ results be conclusive.
- 3 School Sport Officials
- 1 Tennis West Nominee
Team Selection Criteria
Invitations to the trial day will be based on:
- Consultation with the TW State Coach
- Results from National UTR events over the last 8 months
- Results from WA UTR events over the last 8 months
- Consideration of UTR Ranking (taken from Tennis Australia’s latest list available at time of selection)
- Singles head to head results. Only over the last 8 months in sanctioned TW or National events, pennants or school events conducted by the school only.
- Where selection is very close between two players, the older player will be given preference.
- Doubles results from the last 8 months only, in a National or TWAR event.
Final team selection will be based on all criteria stated above combined with performance on the WA Bruce Cup invitation trial day
The selection committee reserves the right to include players in extenuating circumstances who do not meet established selection criteria. Eg. Injury, new arrival to state. The decision of the selection committee will be final
The Final team selected will be announced on the SSWA website
Medal Winner Policy
- Player deemed to have displayed perseverance, commitment, sportsmanship, positve attitude and team spirit, as voted by team officials.