INTERSTATE NETBALL 15s
The State Schoolgirls Netball Team will consist of a balanced team of 12 players.
In order to select the players for the team the following will apply.
- Players must advise their school administration of their intention to attend trials. Players must pay the required trial fee, at the first preliminary trial they attend.
- A copy of the form and details about the fee will be available on the School Sport WA website. (www.schoolsportwa.com.au).
- The nomination form is to be submitted electronically by the due date to the nominated person.
- The State Team Manager shall administer the selection process.
- The State Team Coach, a representative from WA Netball and one other person appointed by the State Team Coach shall be the main selectors. The Team Coach shall appoint other Selectors as appropriate.
- No selector shall be involved in the selection of any player who is directly related to them.
Trials Specific Information
- Two Preliminary trials will be held followed by two main trials. All players must attend one of the Preliminary Trials. Each trial shall consist of match play however trials may also incorporate skill drills.
- At the second trial the Squad will be announced. Netball WA identified athletes can be invited to squad training. The Squad will then be required to attend a series of training sessions. Players must attend all training sessions.
- At the conclusion of the final trial a team of approx.15 will be selected which includes the three or four train-on players. The number of players carried through from each trial to the next is at the discretion of the selectors.
- Trials will be conducted indoors.
- A white singlet or T/Shirt and a dark coloured skirt or shorts are to be worn by the athletes. No identifying uniform is to be worn.
- Attendance at all trials is compulsory unless exceptional circumstances apply and prior permission is sought wherever possible from the Coach.
- Every endeavour shall be given to trialling players in their preferred positions.
- Selectors reserve the right to trial players in equivalent positions.
- Selectors shall consider all aspects of the game including (but not limited to) physical ability, skill, tactics and attitude.
- Selectors shall reach decisions by consensus wherever possible. If consensus cannot be reached, a vote by the main selectors shall be held.
- When selecting one player before another, selectors shall make an “on balance” decision, based on all the attributes and abilities shown by the players.
- When selecting the final team of 12 players and the train-ons, selectors shall consider the balance of the squad in terms of positional play.
The team will be announced on the School Sport WA website.
- Prior achievements and accomplishments outside of trials and squad training may be considered.
- Injured players may be given time to trial by being exempted from early trials or by being included in squads provided the time-line is sufficient to enable adequate preparation after selection. Once a team or squad is selected, attendance at training is compulsory. Sick or injured athletes must attend all training sessions. If players cannot attend due to extraordinary circumstances the State Team coach must be notified 24 hours before the training session. If a continual absence from training occurs consultation will take place between player and coach as to their commitment to the team. If consensus cannot be reached, the sport convenor of SSWA, parents and manager shall be consulted. If consensus still cannot be reached and the player is not complying with the requirements of training the player will be cut from the team and the train-on will take their place.
- All team members and their parent/guardian are required to attend an information session at a nominated place and date and comply with the directives issued prior to team membership being confirmed.
- A player unable to participate at the National Championship may be replaced by a train-on.
- Final player selections will be at the discretion of the coaches.
Medal Winner Policy
The Medal Winner will be decided by the team officials(Coach and Assistant Coach) voting on a 3-2-1 system after each game. The player with the most votes at the end of the Championship will be named the Medal Winner. these votes are accumulated and may not reflect the National Team Selection announcement.