INTERSTATE GOLF 18s
- School Sport WA (SSWA) participates in the School Sport Australia (SSA) Golf Championship for students 18 years and under.
- 18 Years and Under – All players will be eighteen (18) years of age or under as at the 31st December in the year of competition
- Students must have a Club Handicap which is recognised by Golf Australia and play regularly.
- Students representing state teams must attend schools or TAFE institutions
- The positions of Coach, Manager and Tour Manager are advertised bi-annually
- Appointed officials will be selectors
Selection Process 18 & Under
- Selectors meet to discuss selection criteria. A squad will be formed & participants will be notified.
The Selection Panel will assess athletes on the following data, competencies, and attributes (but not limited to):
- GolfWA Crunch&Sip Junior Stroke Averages
- GolfWA Men’s and Women’s State Rankings
- Golf Australia National Junior Order of Merit
- Golf WA Senior Pennant Record
- Playing Competencies:
- Student possesses sound technical ability.
- Student demonstrates appropriate course management.
- Achievement and maintenance of fitness requirements for this level of competition.
- Personal Attributes:
- Student can overcome adversity and adapt to the surroundings/circumstance.
- Student communicates positively and is open to receiving feedback.
- Student is dedicated to the process of reaching their full potential on and off the golf course.
- Players are to nominate for Interstate Team Selection completing an online nomination forms. This is forwarded automatically to the Sports Coordinator and SSWA.
- Successful players are notified at the completion of the selection process when a final team plus reserves is named and invited to attend a Parent Information Session.
- Selectors may replace team members at their discretion should they be ruled out prior to the championship for any reason.
18 & Under Medal Winner Policy
One Medal Winner from the Boy’s team and one from the Girl’s team will be selected based on:
- 25% Individual results
- 50% Matchplay results
- 25% Demonstrated team spirit and attitude.(This judgement will be made by both Managers and the Tour leader in collaboration).