INTERSTATE CRICKET 12s
Selection in the 12 and Under Squad and team will be based upon the following:
- Performances during Trials
- Attitude/work ethic/self motivation – the player’s awareness that success is the result of quality training in the areas of technique (batting, bowling, fielding), fitness, health, mental skills
- Character – off the field
- Perceived potential
Any full time student attending a recognised educational institution is eligible to nominate for the 12 Years and Under School Boys and Girls Squad and Team. Online nomination forms are available on the School Sport WA website www.schoolsportwa.com.au.
The selection panel will comprise:
- SSWA – Team Coach
- SSWA Team Manager
- in conjunction with WACA Officials [Talent Manager, Talent Officers and Coaching Staff]..
The final travelling team will be selected with consultation from Junior District Club coaches and WACA Development Officers, as well as weekly match viewing and attendance at junior district club training sessions
Coaching Staff will also liaise with:
- School Staff
- Specialist Cricket school staff
Selection will be jeopardised for the 12 and Under Squad members should players not follow training standards:
- Attendance – required at all sessions unless prior contact to coach or assistant coach
- Punctuality – at training and games
- Respect – for team mates, officials, parents, coaching staff
- Display strong work ethic and attitude – limit time wasting, maintain high quality of training
- Dress – cricket apparel only
All team members are to be 100% fit 1 week before departure for Nationals. A player unable to travel will be replaced by a player from the emergency list.