INTERSTATE AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL GIRLS 12s
- The positions of Coach, Assistant Coaches, Manager and Tour Leader are advertised annually
- The appointed team officials form the selection committee
- The Chairman of Selectors is appointed by the football committee
- Team officials may appoint other team selectors to assist on a needs basis
Prior to Selection Trials
- Selectors meet to determine and discuss player selection criteria
- Trial dates are determined by the Football Committee
- Details and nomination form are posted on the SSWA Website
- Team Manager/Tour Leader sends an email to all schools and Junior Clubs advising them of upcoming trial dates and invites schools and individuals to nominate for trial on the SSWA website.
- Selectors meet to divide nominees into groups for trial
- Nominees arrive at trial and are allocated a jumper by team manager
- Risk Management documentation is available to all trial participants and schools on the SSWA website
- All players are advised of selection criteria by coach or Chairman of Selectors prior to commencement of the trial
- Selectors are allocated duties on the day by the Chairman of Selectors
- Successful trialists are notified on the SSWA Website after the trial and invited back to further training sessions
- After a set number of training session, the squad of 18 players is announced and a number of players are invited to continue training with the squad as a “Development Squad” member.
- Players injured before or during the trial process will not necessarily be omitted from the final team and may be invited by the Chairman of Selectors to attend trials or squad training at later dates.
- The Chairman of Selectors may advise country players that they can miss certain trials or training sessions due to travel concerns
- The Chairman of Selectors reserves the right to select a player based on recommendation, who may not have attended the trial.
- Should any Travelling Squad member be ruled out prior to the Championship for any reason then the replacement player would be selected from the Development Squad.
- Selection in 12 years and under teams is restricted to students who turn 11 or 12 years old on or before 31 December in the year of competition. Students who turn 11 in the year of competition and who are selected in the final team must be accompanied to the event by a Parent or nominated Guardian even if the student stays in the team accommodation. All SSWA teams are selected on merit according to the published selection process for that team or sport.
Updated January 2020