2017 INTERSTATE CROSS COUNTRY
Who to Contact
|Tour Leader||Chris Walker||Embleton Primary School||Christopher.email@example.com|
|Coach/Manager||Vicki Delves||Department of Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Coach/Manager||Jacinta Wright||John Tonkin Collegeemail@example.com|
|Coach/Manager||Sasha Pomeroy||Churchlands SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Coach/Manager||Kurt Pomeroy||Darling Range SCemail@example.com
|Coach/Manager||Shane Joyce||Margaret River SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Coach/Manager||Shane Ellis||Ath;etics WA Repemail@example.com|
|Coach/Manager||Graham Jones||Hocking PSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Coach/Manager||Kylie Windle||Comet Bay College||Kylie.Windle@education.wa.edu.au|
|Coach/Manager||Wendy Taylor||Connolly Primary School||Wendy.Taylor1@education.wa.edu.au|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|10 August to 14 August 2017||Hobart, TAS||10, 11 & 12 Yrs / U14, U16, U18, U20|
Interstate Trial Information
Please click on the above nomination tab
Nomination due Friday 12 May 2017
Please note that you must nominate on the Secondary Cross Country page to receive a race number
No fee to nominate for the interstate team but you will need to pay $10 per person for the Secondary Cross Country which is the selection race. This is paid when you nominate on the Secondary Cross Country page
Individuals to pay via the PAY HERE tab on the Secondary Cross Country page of the SSWA website
19 May 2017 at the Secondary Cross Country State Championships
If you wish to be considered for Interstate Team selection please nominate using the Interstate Nomination Tab on this page, preferably before this event. If the athlete is offered a position in the state team based on their performance at the Secondary Cross Country event, then they must nominate for the interstate team by 24 May 2017.
|Venue||UWA Sports Park, McGillivray Road, Mt Claremont|
10 Years*, 11 Years*, 12 Years, 13 Years, 14/15 Years combined, 16/17 Years combined , 18/19 Years combined as at 31 December in the year of competition.
* Students who turn 10 or 11 in the year of competition and who are selected in the final team must be accompanied to the event by a parent or nominated guardian.
Please Click HERE for the state selection race schedule and other information
Cross Country Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please ensure you have also nominated for the trial race on the Secondary Cross Country page, either in a team or as an individual.
Cross Country Interstate Team Selection Policy
- A copy of the nomination form and event details is available on the School SportWA website. (www.schoolsportwa.com.au).
- Players must complete the official nomination form and pay the required fee/deposit.
- The nomination form is to be forwarded/presented at a predetermined time, place and to a nominated person.
- The Convenor of Cross Country (or nominee) will oversee the selection process.
- The State Team Head Coach/Manager or nominee shall be the chief selector.
- The SSWA cross country committee shall appoint other selectors as appropriate.
- No selector shall be involved in the selection of any player who is directly related to them.
- All selections will be advised of their inclusion in writing and duly provided with all relevant and appropriate information at the earliest convenience.
- Nominated squad members will be required to attend a parent meeting where conditions of team inclusion will be explained.
- A window period of up to six days will prevail for the opportunity to accept/decline the offer of team selection.
TRIALS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Participation in the nominated School Sport WA State Championship event is required for selection consideration. Exceptions will be granted only in exceptional circumstances. Where exceptional circumstances prevail each application claiming exemption will be considered on its merits and in that situation other ratified times at approved events will be considered.
- Athletes are selected in the following age groups: 10yrs*, 11yrs*, 12yrs, 13yrs, 14&15 yrs, 16&17yrs and 18&19yrs.
- The team will not include any athlete who will not turn 10 or be over 18 years of age before December 31 in the year of competition.
- The 10,11 and 12 year old athlete team contingent will comprise of 5 boys and 5 girls in each age division.
- All other age groups team components will comprise 6 boys and 6 girls.
- SSWA reserves the right to take up to 20% more competitors as per SSA/AA rules and guidelines outside of the teams component. Additional competitors will be classified as state representatives at the National Championship, will not gather team points for their event participation but will be recognised according to their official race place.
- Selectors will choose the squad of athletes at the end of the official SSWA state championships. In exceptional circumstances other Athletics WA events may be referred to in order to consider selection.
Note. 10 and 11 year olds [in the year of competition] will compete in an event at the Secondary Championship by invitation based on their placement at the previous official SSWA primary championship. The selectors retain the right to issue invitations to other credentialed athletes. Individuals may also enter the State Team Selection Races in 2015.
- Runners are ranked according to time with some of the age groups combined as above. Natural timing cut offs will be used to select the final athlete in each age category.
- Any need for replacement due to injury, sickness or other under exceptional circumstance will be at the discretion of the selection panel.
* Students who turn 10 or 11 in the year of competition and who are selected in the final team must be accompanied to the event by a parent or nominated guardian even if the student stays in the team accommodation.
- Prior achievements and accomplishments outside of trials and squad training may be considered.
- All squad members and their parent/guardian are required to attend an information session at a nominated place and date and comply with the directives issued after team selection has been confirmed.
Medal Winner Policy
The winner of the Cross Country Medal will be based on the achievements of the athletes during the National Championships. This will be decided by all the staff attending the event.
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE TBA to see the Excursion Management Plan
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Cross Country Interstate History 2013
Cross Country Interstate History 2012
Cross Country Interstate History 2011
Cross Country Interstate History 2010
Cross Country Interstate History 2009
Cross Country Interstate History 2008
Cross Country Interstate History 2007
Cross Country Interstate History 2006
Cross Country Interstate History 2005
Cross Country Interstate History 2004
Cross Country Interstate History 2003
Cross Country Interstate History 2002
Cross Country Interstate History 2001
Cross Country Interstate History 2000
Daily and overall results;