2017 INTERSTATE WATER POLO
Who to Contact
|Tour Leader||Leanne Rushforth||Churchlands SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Boys Coach||Scott Chrystal||Christchurch Grammar Schoolemail@example.com|
|Boys Manager||Simon Lawson||Belmont City Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls Coach||Gemma Hadley||Floreat Park PSemail@example.com|
|Girls Manager||Anna Sergeant||St Stephen’s Duncraigfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|21 May to 26 May 2017||Noosa, QLD||17 & U|
Interstate Trial Information
Please click on the above nomination tab
Nomination due by the 1st trial Please note all players are to read the selection process
|Cost||$30 Payable at time of nomination, through online process|
Trial 1: Sunday 12 February - 10.00am – 11.30am
Trial 2: Sunday 19 February - 11.30am – 1.00pm
Trial 1: Saturday 18 February – 2.00pm – 3.30pm
Trial 2: Sunday 19 February – 10.00am – 11.30am
All Trials will be held at HBF Stadium
|Eligibility||To be eligible for selection nominees must:
Water Polo Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Please click on the below links to nominate;
The Water Polo Interstate teams shall consist of between 11 and 13 players. Any variation from this will require approval from SSWA.
In order to select the players for the team, the following will apply
- Players must complete the official nomination form.
- A copy of the Nomination will be available on the School Sport WA website. (www.schoolsportwa.com.au).
- The selection process will be available on the SSWA website.
- The Team Coach shall be the chief selector.
- The Water Polo Committee shall appoint other Selectors as required. Up to four selectors can be used for trials. Ideally the same selectors shall be used for all trials. Where more than three selectors are used, three selectors shall be nominated as the main selectors.
- No selector shall be involved in the selection of any player who is directly related to them.
- A maximum of four trials to be held
- Participation at all trials is advisable and preferable. Absences from trials will be assessed on an individual basis. Team Coach, Manager or Tour Leader need to be notified of any absences from trials.
- Goalkeepers shall be given a series of practical skill tests in addition to game play. Wherever possible a specialist Goalkeeper Selector shall be appointed.
- Trials may incorporate skill drills for players as well as match play.
- Every endeavour shall be given to trialling players in the positions they have submitted on the Nomination Form. At this elite level, players must be able to play in a variety of positions. Selectors reserve the right to trial players in equivalent positions.
- Selectors shall consider all aspects of the game including physical ability, skill, tactics, attitude, response to feedback and the ability to work in the team and with coaching staff.
- Attitude and conduct in previous State Schools Teams will be considered.
- Selectors shall reach decisions by consensus wherever possible. If consensus cannot be reached, a vote by the three main selectors shall be held.
- When selecting one player before another, selectors shall make an “on balance” decision, based on all the attributes and abilities shown by the players. Such “on balance” decisions are consistent with selection processes used for other elite teams in the water polo community.
- When selecting the final team, selectors shall consider the balance of the squad in terms of positional play.
- Selectors should choose the squad at the end of the trials. In exceptional circumstances, selectors may delay the naming of the team to evaluate players during training sessions. In such circumstances, a squad of no more than 15 should be named for the training sessions.
- Selectors may name extra players to train on with the squad to cover possible injuries or withdrawals.
- Selection will be based on abilities and attributes shown during trials, training and the WPWAI competitions.
- Injured players may be given time to trial by being exempted from early trials or by being included in train on squads provided the timeline is sufficient to enable adequate preparation after selection.
- Once a team or squad is selected, attendance at training is to be balanced with family and club commitments. Initial decisions to be made by consultation between player and coach. If consensus cannot be reached, parents and manager shall be consulted. If consensus cannot be reached, the SSWA Sport Convenor shall be consulted.
Final teams will be announced on the SSWA website.
Medal Winner Policy
The Medal Winner will be decided by all players on a 3-2-1 system after each game.
The player with the most votes at the end of the Championship will be named the Medal Winner.
2 Awards will be presented:
Players Player Award – Athletes select best players (3,2,1) after each game.
MVP Award – selected by the Coach and Manger (3,2,1) after each game
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see the Excursion Management Plan
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Daily and overall results;