INTERSTATE RUGBY LEAGUE 12s
- The positions of Coach, Assistant Coach and Manager/Tour Leader are advertised annually and appointed by School Sport WA
- The SSWA Team Officials & NRLWA appoint the team selectors
Prior to Team Selection Trials
- Selectors meet to determine and discuss player selection criteria of the State Team
- Team Officials/Selectors will attend and view games during the NRL WA Junior Season & School Carnivals
- Trial dates are determined at a meeting with NRL WA
- Details and nomination forms are posted on the SSWA Website & NRL WA Website
- The number of selection trials is dependent on nominations
- All players are advised of selection criteria by the coach or selectors prior to commencement of the trial
- Successful trialists are notified on the Internet after the trial and invited back to a subsequent trial, if required.
- At the final trial the team is selected and is published on the SSWA and NRL WA websites
Selection Camp (If Held)
- Fitness testing will be conducted on all players
- Off field behaviour will also be included in selection process
- When the final team is announced a number of children (up to 3) may be invited to continue training with the team in a “train-on” [emergency player] capacity
- The selection committee reserves the right to include players in extenuating circumstances who do not meet established selection criteria
- The Selectors reserve the right to select a player based on recommendation, who may not have attended the trial(s).
- Players injured during the trial process will not necessarily be omitted from the final team and may be invited to attend trials or squad training at later dates.
- The Selectors may advise country players that they can miss certain trials or training sessions due to travel concerns
- Should any player be ruled out prior to the Championship for any reason then the replacement player would be selected from the “train-on” group
- Should any player suffer an injury prior to travelling, their parent(s) will be required to attend a sports physician (preferably one specified by the Tour Leader) to obtain a medical clearance to travel and play. Should the physician deem the player unfit to travel and or play they will be replaced in the squad immediately.
- Selection in 12 years and under teams is restricted to students who turn 11 or 12 years of age on or before 31 December in the year of competition. Students who turn 11 in the year of competition and who are selected in the final team must be accompanied to the event by a Parent or nominated Guardian even if the student stays in the team accommodation.
All SSWA teams are selected on merit according to the published selection process for that team or sport.