2017 INTERSTATE TRIATHLON
Who to Contact
|Boys Manager||Stuart Durhamemail@example.com|
|Girls Manager||Helen King||Christ the King Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tour Leader||Andrew Boxsell||Loreto Nedlandsemail@example.com|
|Boys Coach||Stuart Denton||Duncraig SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls Coach||Lauren French||Regent College and Mandurah Baptist Primaryemail@example.com|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|17 April to 21 April 2017 TBC||Penrith, NSW||13/14, 15/16, 17/19|
Interstate Trial Information
Please click on the above nomination tab
Nominations are now closed
|qualifying||SSWA Secondary Schools Triathlon and selected events (see Selection Policy)|
|Eligibility||To be eligible for selection, nominees must:
Triathlon Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Please click HERE to nominate - Nominations are Closed
Triathlon Interstate Team Selection Policy
- Up to 6 males and 6 females will be considered for selection in each age category.
Age categories are as follows:
Juniors – 12 / 13 years (born 2003/2004)
Intermediates – 14 / 15 years (born 2001/2002)
Seniors – 16 / 17 / 18 years (born 1998/1999/2000)
- Age criteria for racing at the National Championships are determined as the age on 31st December 2016.
- Team members are required to be a full time student at a secondary school or institution (eg. TAFE) in 2017.
B. SELECTION CRITERIA
The following events will be used as selection races :
(i) Date : Thursday 3rd November, 2016
Event : State Schools Triathlon Championships
Venue : Champion Lakes
Distances : Juniors 300 / 11 / 2 *
Intermediates – 600 / 16 / 4
Seniors – 750 / 21 / 5
* School Sport WA recognises that this distance is shorter than that required to be raced at National level in this age group. However, in order to abide by the Triathlon Australia restricted junior race distances for 12 year olds, the race distance for 13 year olds must also be reduced to enable comparability of performance.
(ii) Date: Saturday 19th November, 2016
Event: TEP Schools Simulation
Venue: Champion Lakes
Distances: Juniors 300 / 11 / 2
Intermediates – 600 / 16 / 4
Seniors – 750 / 20 / 5
Please Note: As TEP Race 2 is a selection race for the School Sport WA Triathlon Team and being run by TEP and Triathlon WA there has been a distance change to allow it to be a test event for the Australian Junior Triathlon Series National and Oceania Championships. This means that Junior and Intermediates will now complete a 400m swim, 15k bike and 3.5k run. These distances all still follow Junior guidelines under Triathlon Australia Rules. Juniors and Intermediates will race together under the TEP banner of Youth and must have their ITU Bike Endorsement before this event. Entry is from the following link,
Registration Link- https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=22851
Please note that following on from All Schools Nationals that all events will be conducted under ITU Junior Race Rules. This means all athletes must have UCI Approved Bikes and have a Triathlon Australia Drafting Endorsement.
(iii) Date : Sunday 11th December, 2016
Event : Sunsmart Tri Series City of Joondalup #1
Venue : Hillarys
Distances : Juniors 250 / 7 / 2 (Enticer)
Intermediates – 750 / 20 / 5 (Pursuit)
Seniors – 750 / 20 / 5 (Pursuit)
NB. * School Sport WA accepts no responsibility for these selection races not being of accurate distance due to the organisation by private race directors. Parents / Guardians are responsible for entering their child in these selection races. School Sport WA or the child’s school are not able to enter individuals.
- The selection committee will select each age group team in the following order of priority :
(a) automatic selections
(b) points achieved at selection events
(c) wildcard to top national and state competitors if results are considered good enough and if unable to compete in selection races (written application)
(d) nil race results (written application)
- Automatic selection to the team will be determined as follows :
Being the First or Second nominated athlete across the finishing line at the State Schools Triathlon Championships at Champion Lakes – Thursday 3rd November, 2016, providing these athletes continue to :
(i) Race regularly in the TWA Series and Junior Series races during the 2016/2017 season.
* Students living outside the metropolitan area and unable to attend TWA races, need to advise the team management in writing of their race schedule and provide a club race calendar.
(ii) Attend scheduled training sessions or team events.
- Points for the events will be awarded for performances as follows :
(i) 1st = 10 points
2nd = 7 points
3rd = 5 points
4th = 3 points
5th = 2 points
6th = 1 point
7th = 0 points
Points will be given to those competing in the race who have applied for selection in the team.
(ii) Points will be cumulative to a maximum of two events.
(iii) Where an athlete has competed in more than 2 events, the best 2 results (based on points) will be used.
(iv) The points table will be used to select athletes after the automatic selections have been made.
(v) Athletes selected under the automatic criteria are able to race in other selection races, but will not be awarded points. The points will be rolled down to the next placed competitor.
(vi) Points will be awarded as per the results of the day.
- Where two or more athletes have achieved the same points, the athlete with the highest individual placing at Champion Lakes will be selected.
- The selection committee has the authority at its absolute discretion to make no more than one wildcard selection within each age category. (ie. one girl and one boy in each category). This discretion is provided to ensure School Sport WA sends its best possible team to the National Championships. Applications (in writing) for a wildcard position, including reasons why an athlete did not contest the selection events, must be submitted by Monday 12th December 2016.
All athletes who wish to be considered for a position in the team must notify the Selection Committee of their availability for selection on the appropriate application form (this includes athletes who satisfy automatic selection criteria). This nomination form must reach the School Sport Coordinator by Friday 11th November 2016. Application forms can be obtained from the School Sport WA website http://www.schoolsportwa.com.au/nominations/triathlon-interstate/
D. FURTHER INFORMATION
The SSWA State Team Selection Policy can be viewed in full on the School Sport Website: www.schoolsportwa.com.au Please provide this information to your students entering the selection races.
The SSWA State Team will be announced on Wednesday 14th December.
E. NATIONAL SPECIFIC RACE REGULATIONS
Athletes who successfully qualify to represent Western Australia at the School Sport Triathlon Championships must travel with a UCI Compliant Bike and ride on UCI Approved Wheels.
School Sport Nationals will be DRAFT LEGAL for Intermediate and Senior Individual Age Groups.
Relay format for School Sport Nationals will be a 4 person relay and be DRAFT LEGAL for Intermediate and Senior Age Groups and NON DRAFTING for Juniors and All Age Relay Teams. Final format of Relay Teams is still to be confirmed.
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see Excursion Management Plan
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Daily and overall results;