Boys & Girls 18s
2017 INTERSTATE TENNIS 18s [PIZZEY CUP]
Who to Contact
|Manager||Andrea Rundle||Katanning SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Coach||Alison Kirk||Geographe PSemail@example.com|
|Coach||Simon Cockburn||Busselton SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|29 April to 7 May 2017||Shepparton, VIC||18 yrs & U at the end of the month the event is held|
Interstate Trial Information
Please click on the above nomination tab
Nomination due Wed 1 February 2017
|Cost||$20 Payable at time of nomination, through online process|
Sunday 5 February 2017
|Venue||State Tennis Centre|
|Eligibility||To be eligible for selection students must:
Tennis 18s Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Tennis 18s Interstate Team Selection Policy
All representative players must be under the age of nineteen (19) years at the end of the month in which the event is held.
Students who are selected to play in the Pizzey Cup will not be allowed to compete in any tournament played at the same time as the Championships.
The Western Australian School Sport WA Pizzey Cup team will be made up of eight boys and eight girls.
All nominated players are required to play in the trial event unless their Australian ranking and / or their results deems automatic selection as reviewed by the selection committee. Players as such will be notified by the selection committee the week prior to trials. The format will be Round Robin with the team being selected from the team selection criteria as listed below.
- 3 School Sport Officials
- 1 Tennis West Nominee
Team selection criteria
Consideration of the following:
- Performance in the WA Pizzey Cup Trials.
- Results from National AR events over the last 8 months.
- Results from WA AR events over the last 8 months.
- AR Ranking (taken from Tennis Australia’s current list at time of trial).
- Singles head to head results (over the last 8 months) in sanctioned TW, National events, pennants or school. events conducted by the school only.
- Doubles results (over the last 8 months), in TW, National events, or schools event.
- Where selection is very close between 2 players, the older player will be given preference.
The selection committee reserves the right to include players in extenuating circumstances who may not meet established selection criteria.
- Must be under the age of 19 years at the end of the month in which the tournament is held.
Nomination Criteria for Trial Event
- Nominations must be received online by School Sport WA at least five days prior to the commencement date of the trial event.
Medal Winner Policy
Our Medal Winner will be given to the MVP as deemed by the tour officials and players. The following will be taken into consideration:
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
Final team selected will be announced on the SSWA website
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see the Excursion Management Plan
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Daily and overall results;