2016 INTERSTATE SURFING
Who to Contact
|Manager||Berin Sluiter||Manea College||Berin.Sluiter@education.wa.edu.au|
|Manager||Karen Haslau||Augusta PS||Karen.Haslau@education.wa.edu.au|
|SSA Representative||Justin Majeks||Surfing WA||Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|29 Nov to 4 Dec 2016||Phillip Island, Vic||15 & U / 19 & U|
Interstate Trial Information
|Nomination Due|| REGIONAL EVENTS (1st August ) METRO EVENTS (8th
|Cost||$44 PER TEAM|
REGIONAL TITLES: MON 8th – FRI 12th AUGUST 2016.
METRO TITLES: MON 15th – FRI 19th AUGUST 2016 .
STATE FINAL: FRI 21st AUGUST (Trigg Beach)
|Venue||Regional (Multiple Locations). Metro (Trigg Beach)|
|Eligibility|| To be eligible for selection nominees must:
It is recommended that school boys are in years 10 to 12 or TAFE. School girls years 8 to 12 or TAFE.
Each student nominating must submit the online nomination form and present the State Trials Information Sheet to the school principal and parent/guardian to obtain the relevant permissions.
Selections The winning team in each division of the Surfing State Titles will be selected to represent WA in the Schools’ Division of the National Titles. The WA All Stars are now selected by the WA ALL STARS SELECTION POLICY & PROCEDURES, please click on SELECTION POLICY tab to read this policy. Note: Currently there is no competition at National level for Bodyboarding.
Surfing Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Surfing Interstate Team Selection Policy
WA ALL STARS
SELECTION POLICY AND PROCEDURES
This policy has been adopted since 2012, due to the fact that other states field their strongest surfers in these All-Stars divisions at National Titles.
Used for selecting our “Top 2” U/19 Boys, U/19 Girls, U/16 Boys & U/16 Girls All Stars
- The Selection Panel members nominate their Top 4-6 U/19 Boys, U/19 Girls, U/16 Boys & U/16 Girls. (e.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th).
- Those votes are totaled up and the Top 2 U/19 Boys, U/19 Girls, U/16 Boys & U/16 Girls with a majority of votes are selected as the School Sport WA All Star representative’s.
- To determine those Top 4-6, the panel use the following criteria to help rank those all-stars nominee’s:
- Current State Junior Series results & current School Surfing Titles results. 2014 Specialty events (e.g. Taj Small Fries & Gromprix) will also be considered.
- Nominee’s attitude & dedication to excellence.
- The selection panel are; WA Junior Team Coach, School Sport WA Surfing Sport Coordinator, SWA Events Manager, SWA Coaching Director and SWA High Performance Manager.
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see the Excursion Management Plan – when available
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Daily and overall results;