2017 INTERSTATE RUGBY LEAGUE 12s
Who to Contact
|Coach||Nathan Benn||Clarkson Community High Schoolemail@example.com|
|Assistant Coach||Louise Smith||City Beach PS|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|5 to 12 August 2017||Melbourne, VIC||11 or 12 years as at 31 December|
Interstate Trial Information
Please click on the above nomination tab
Nomination due day of trial
Date: Friday 31 March, 2017. 5pm Registration
Edinburgh Oval, Curtin University
|Eligibility||The Championships are open to all West Australian students whether, or not, they are members of an affiliated club. To be eligible for selection students:
Rugby League 12s Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Rugby League 12s Interstate Team Selection Policy
- The positions of Coach, Assistant Coach and Manager/Tour Leader are advertised annually and appointed by School Sport WA
- The SSWA Team Officials & NRLWA appoint the team selectors
Prior to Invitational Team Selection Trials
- Selectors meet to determine and discuss player selection criteria of the Invitational Team and the State Team
- Team Officials/Selectors will attend and view games during the NRL WA Junior Season & School Carnivals
- Trial dates are determined at a meeting with NRL WA
- Details and nomination forms are posted on the SSWA Website & NRL WA Website
- The number of selection trials is dependent on nominations
- All players are advised of selection criteria by the coach or selectors prior to commencement of the trial
- Successful trialists are notified on the Internet after the trial and invited back to a subsequent trial, if required.
- At the final trial the Invitational Team is selected and the team is published on the SSWA and NRL WA websites
- The Invitational team competes in the SSWA /NRL WA Junior State Championships
- All players competing in the Junior State Championships are eligible for selection into the State team
- Team officials will announce the team at the conclusion of the State Championships
Selection Camp (If Held)
- Fitness testing will be conducted on all players
- Off field behaviour will also be included in selection process
- When the final team is announced a number of children (up to 3) may be invited to continue training with the team in a “train-on” [emergency player] capacity
- The selection committee reserves the right to include players in extenuating circumstances who do not meet established selection criteria
- The Selectors reserve the right to select a player based on recommendation, who may not have attended the trial(s).
- Players injured during the trial process will not necessarily be omitted from the final team and may be invited to attend trials or squad training at later dates.
- The Selectors may advise country players that they can miss certain trials or training sessions due to travel concerns
- Should any player be ruled out prior to the Championship for any reason then the replacement player would be selected from the “train-on” group
- Should any player suffer an injury prior to travelling, their parent(s) will be required to attend a sports physician (preferably one specified by the Tour Leader) to obtain a medical clearance to travel and play. Should the physician deem the player unfit to travel and or play they will be replaced in the squad immediately.
- Selection in 12 years and under teams is restricted to students who turn 11 or 12 years of age on or before 31 December in the year of competition. Students who turn 11 in the year of competition and who are selected in the final team must be accompanied to the event by a Parent or nominated Guardian even if the student stays in the team accommodation.
All SSWA teams are selected on merit according to the published selection process for that team or sport.
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see the Excursion Management Plan
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Daily and overall results;