Boys & Girls 17s
2017 INTERSTATE GOLF 17s
Who to Contact
|Tour Leader||Lynda Merritt||SSWA Officeemail@example.com|
|Girls Coach/Manager||Susan Thomson||Kelmscott SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Boys Coach/Manager||Matt Nelson||Golf WAemail@example.com|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|2 to 9 December 2017||
17 & U at 31 December
Interstate Trial Information
Please click on the above nomination tab
Nomination due 7 August 2017
|Trial Details|| No specific trial however participation in the 2017 SECONDARY & PRIMARY SCHOOLS GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP is encouraged.
Interstate Team nomination must also be done using the Nomination Form on this page.
|Venue & TIME||
Secondary Schools Golf Championship - Mt Lawley Golf Course
14 August 2017. For details Click HERE
|Eligibility|| Interstate representatives must:
Golf Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Golf Interstate Team Selection Policy
- School Sport WA (SSWA) participates in the School Sport Australia National Golf Championship for secondary schools (17 years and under).
- 17 Years and Under - All players will be under seventeen (17) years of age as at the 31st December in the year of competition
- Students representing state teams must attend schools or TAFE institutions
- SSWA Golf Team is part of the Golf WA pathway
- The positions of Coach, Manager and Tour Manager are advertised annually
- Appointed officials will be selectors
Selection process 17 & Under
- Selectors meet to discuss selection criteria. A squad will be formed & participants will be notified during March.
- Selectors will take account of the performances of players relative to their age through Golf WA State ranking events and the SSWA Championship.
- Champion School event dates are determined by officials and SSWA
- Details and nomination form are posted on the SSWA website
- The State Sporting Associations are asked to distribute information to all affiliated clubs advertising selection information
- Players are to nominate for Interstate Team Selection completing an online nomination forms. This is forwarded automatically to the Sports Coordinator and SSWA.
- Successful players are notified at the completion of the selection process when a final team plus reserves is named and invited to attend a Parent Information Session.
- Selectors may replace team members at their discretion should they be ruled out prior to the championship for any reason.
17 & Under Medal Winner Policy
One Medal Winner from the Boy’s team and one from the Girl’s team will be selected based on:
- 25% Individual results
- 50% Matchplay results
- 25% Demonstrated team spirit and attitude.(This judgement will be made by both Managers and the Tour leader in collaboration).
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see the Excursion Management Plan
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Daily and overall results;