Boys & Girls 12s
2017 INTERSTATE GOLF 12s
Who to Contact
|Tour Leader||John Lawniczak||West Greenwood PS||John.Lawniczak@education.wa.edu.au|
|Girls Coach/Manager||Billie May||Golf WAemail@example.com|
|Boys Coach/Manager||Adam Smith||Como SCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|2 to 9 December 2017||
12 & U at 31 December
Interstate Trial Information
Please click on the above nomination tab
Nomination due 7 August 2017
|TRIAL DETAILS|| No specific trial however participation in the 2017 SECONDARY & PRIMARY SCHOOLS GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP is encouraged.
Interstate Team nomination must also be done using the Nomination Form on this page.
|VENUE & TIME||
Primary School Golf Championship – Rockingham Golf Club
9 June 2017. For details click HERE
Secondary Schools Golf Championship - Mt Lawley Golf Course
14 August 2017. For details Click HERE
|ELIGIBILITY|| Interstate representatives must:
Golf Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Golf Interstate Team Selection Policy
- School Sport WA (SSWA) participates in the School Sport Australia National Golf Championship for 12 years and under school students at the Pacific School Games in Adelaide in 2017
- 12 Years & Under
Selection in 12 years and under team is restricted to students who turn 11 or 12 years old on or before 31 December in the year of competition. Students who turn 11 in the year of competition and who are selected in the final team must be accompanied to the event by a parent or nominated guardian even if the student stays in the team accommodation. It is highly recommended that parents of 12 year olds also attend the Championship.
- The positions of Coach, Manager and Tour Manager are advertised annually
- Appointed officials will be selectors
Selection process 12 & Under
- Selectors meet to discuss selection criteria.
- Selectors will take account of the performances of players relative to their age through Golf WA events, school competition and any other golf activities
- Champion School event dates are determined by officials and SSWA
- Details and nomination form are posted on the SSWA website
- The State Sporting Associations are asked to distribute information to all affiliated clubs advertising selection information
- Players are to nominate for Interstate Team Selection completing an online nomination forms. This is forwarded automatically to the Sports Coordinator and SSWA.
- Successful players are notified at the completion of the selection process when a final team plus reserves is named and invited to attend a Parent Information Session.
- Selectors may replace team members at their discretion should they be ruled out prior to the championship for any reason.
Selection Criteria Pillars
- Golf WA will make a team selection for the 12 and under National School Sport Australia Golf Championship Team based on the below selection criteria:
- Selection criteria is made on 4 pillars:
- Performance – Nett Score Average
- Participation – minimum number of 8 rounds (Junior Stroke Average events)
- Code of Conduct, Behaviour & Attendance at Golf and School
- Behaviour and Attitude at set training sessions
Players will be selected from the below 3 divisions based on ability.
- Division ‘A’ Official GA Handicap 9 and below
- Division ‘B’ Official GA Handicap 10 – 20
- Division ‘C’ Official GA Handicap 21 and above
The team will comprise of a range of handicaps
Handicap 9 & below Handicap 10 – 20 Handicap 21 & above
Boys 3 3 2
Girls 2 1 1
- The Official GA handicap of the player, as of the EOI closing date, will determine which category a squad member is selected from.
- Golf WA and School Sport WA reserve the right to modify the Division Selection dependant on the number of athletes available for team selection.
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see the Excursion Management Plan
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Daily and overall results;