Boys & Girls 12 & Under
2017 INTERSTATE FOOTBALL (Soccer) 12s
Who to Contact
|Tour Leader – Boys||Murray Farrfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tour Leader – Girls||Ian Dignon||Duncraig SHSemail@example.com|
|Boys Coach||Tony Carvajal||Banksia Park PSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Girls Coach||Scott Halpin||Rockingham Lakes PSemail@example.com|
|Girls Manager||Vicky Halpinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Boys Manager||Paul Plankenemail@example.com|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|1 – 10 December 2017||
|Must turn 11 or 12 in 2017|
Interstate Trial Information
Please click on the above nomination tab
Nomination due up to day of trials
|Cost||$20 Payable at time of nomination, through online process|
Woodvale – 17 June, 1 July, 29 July
Aubin Grove – 24 June, 22 July, 5 August
|VenueS||Woodvale Secondary College & Aubin Grove Rec Reserve|
|Eligibility||To be eligible for selection, nominees must:
Football (Soccer) 12s Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Please click on the below links to nominate;
Football (Soccer) 12s Interstate Team Selection Policy
The State Schoolboys and Schoolgirls Football Teams will consist of 15 players. Students participating in the School Sport Australia Championship will turn 11* or 12 years by December 31st in the year of the Championship. Online nomination forms are available on the School Sport WA website www.schoolsportwa.com.au .
In order to select the players for the team, the following will apply:
- Players must complete the official nomination form online.
- Players must pay the required trial fee at the first trial date.
- The State Team Coach shall administer the selection process.
- The State Team Coach and Team Manager shall be the principal selectors.
- The selectors may call on other people’s expertise to assist with team selection
- No selector shall be involved in the selection of any player who is related to them.
Trials Specific Information
- The first round of trials will consist of 3 sessions south of the river and 3 sessions north of the river. Each session shall consist of match play.
- Players are encouraged to attend either the 3 South sessions or the 3 North sessions.
- The number of players carried through from each trial to the next is at the discretion of the selectors.
- Attendance at all trials is compulsory unless exceptional circumstances apply and prior permission is sought wherever possible from the Coach and/or Manager.
- Trials may incorporate skill drills for players as well as match play.
- Every endeavour shall be given to trialling players in their preferred positions.
- Selectors reserve the right to trial players in equivalent positions
- Selectors shall consider all aspects of the game including (but not limited to) physical ability, skill, tactics and attitude.
- Selectors shall reach decisions by consensus wherever possible. If consensus cannot be reached, the coach makes the final decision.
- When selecting one player before another, selectors shall make an “on balance” decision, based on all the attributes and abilities shown by the players.
- When selecting the final team of 15 players, selectors shall consider the balance of the squad in terms of positional play.
- Selectors will choose the final team of 15 players at the end of the trials. Up to 7 train-on players will be invited to continue training with the team.
- The train on players will be called upon in case of a withdrawal due to sickness or injury.
- Injured players may be given time to trial by being exempted from early trials or by being included in train on squads provided the timeline is sufficient to enable adequate preparation after selection.
- Once a team is selected, attendance at training is to be balanced with family and club commitments. Initial decisions to be made by consultation between player and coach. If consensus cannot be reached, parents and manager shall be consulted. If consensus cannot be reached, the SSWA Football sport convenor shall be consulted.
- All team members and their parent/guardian are required to attend an information session at a nominated place and date and comply with the directives issued prior to team membership being confirmed.
- All team members are to be 100% fit 1 week before departure for Nationals. A player unable to travel will be replaced by a player from the train on list.
- The coach or team manager may advise country players that they can miss certain trials or training sessions due to travel concern.
- * Students who turn 11 in the year of competition and who are selected in the final team must be accompanied to the event by a parent or nominated guardian even if the student stays in the team accommodation.
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see the Excursion Management Plan – when available
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Daily and overall results;