2017 INTERSTATE CRICKET 15s
Who to Contact
|Manager||Ian Bycroft||Lynwood SHSemail@example.com|
|Coach||Scott Ogilvie||Belridge SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assistant Coach||David Aldridge||Kent ST SHSemail@example.com|
|SSA Rep||Rob Wass||WACAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|Fri 24 March to Sun 2 April 2017||Brisbane & Sunshine Coast||15 & U|
Interstate Trial Information
Please Note: Boys in WACA Development 15’s Squads (City and Country) DO NOT NEED TO TRIAL. They automatically advance to next stage –
15’s Talent Carnival at Guildford Grammar Jan 10th, 11th & 12th 2017
|Cost||No Charge – Free|
WEDNESDAY 14TH DECEMBER 2016
South of River Clubs – 9.30am to 12.00pm.
Claremont- Nedlands, Fremantle, Gosnells, Melville, Perth, Rockingham-Mandurah, South Perth, Willetton.
North of River Clubs – 1.00pm to 3.30pm
Bayswater-Morley, Joondalup, Midland Guildford, Mount Lawley, Scarborough, Subiaco-Floreat, Wanneroo.
Please bring your own water and personal cricket gear for the session as well as joggers.
Country Boys –selected in WACA Development Squads do not need to trial. They automatically advance to next stage of programme.
Selected from Trials to Progress in Selection
Boys selected Post trials on Wednesday 14th December will
play in the WACA 15’s Talent Carnival at Guildford Grammar on January 10th, 11th and 12th.
Following the 15’s Talent Carnival a squad will be selected to train for the State 15’s Team.
This Squad is continually under review and players can be added or removed as circumstances may change – for example performances or injuries.
|Venue||Murdoch Nets – Discovery Way, off South Street|
|Eligibility||Must be under the age of 16 years at 31 August in the year of competition.|
Cricket 15s Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Please click HERE to nominate [closed]
Cricket Interstate Team Selection Policy
Selection in the 15 and Under Squad and team will be based upon the following:
- Attitude/work ethic/self motivation – the player’s awareness that success is the result of quality training in the areas of technique (batting, bowling, fielding), fitness, health, mental skills
- Character – off the field
- Perceived potential
Any full time secondary student attending a recognised educational institution is eligible to nominate for the 15 and Under School Boys Squad and Team. Online nomination forms are available on the School SportWA website www.schoolsportwa.com.au .
The selection panel will comprise:
- SSWA – Team Coach
- SSWA – Assistant Coach
- SSWA Team Manager
- in conjunction with WACA Officials [Talent Manager, Talent Officers and Coaching Staff]..
Via weekly consultation with Junior District Club coaches and WACA Development Officers, weekly match viewing and attendance at junior district club training sessions
Coaching Staff will also liaise with:
- PSA Directors’ of Cricket
- Specialist Cricket school staff
Selection/deletion from the 15 and Under Squad will be enforced should players not follow training standards:
- Attendance – required at all sessions unless prior contact to coach or assistant coach
- Punctuality – at training and games
- Respect – for team mates, officials, parents, coaching staff
- Display strong work ethic and attitude – limit time wasting, maintain high quality of training
- Dress – cricket apparel only
Medal Winner Policy
At the completion of each game during the championship the Cricket Officials – Coach, Assistant Coach, Manager and WACA representative(s) (High Performance Coach) – vote independently in rating performances from that fixture.
Conditions of Voting:
- Each official can award a maximum of up to 10 votes
- Not all votes have to be awarded
- Players can be awarded any number of votes from 1 to 10, hence 10 players could receive 1 vote or 1 player could receive 10 votes or any other combinations
- The manager keeps all voting slips and compiles a running total
- At the conclusion of the last fixture votes are tallied and the Medal Winner is determined
All team members are to be 100% fit 1 week before departure for Nationals. A player unable to travel will be replaced by a player from the emergency list.
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see the Excursion Management Plan – when available
Results and History
Results and History
Please click on the below years for team history;
Daily and overall results;