2017 INTERSTATE BASEBALL
Who to Contact
|Tour Leader||Graham Johnson||Warwick SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Coach||Mitchell Williams||Baseball WAemail@example.com|
|Assistant Coach||Joshua Kennelly||Baseball WAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Manager/Trainer||Carol Williams||South Padbury PS||Carol.Williams1@education.wa.edu.au|
|Assistant Coach||Andy Kyle||South Fremantle SHS||Andrew.email@example.com|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|29 April – 6 May 2017||Cairns, QLD||17 & Under as 30 June 2017|
Interstate Trial Information
Please click on the above nomination tab
Nomination due 09/02/2017
|Cost||$20 Payable at time of nomination, through online process|
Monday(s) 13th Feb, 20th Feb, 27th Feb
|Venue||Baseball Park, Thornlie|
|Eligibility||To be eligible for selection students must:
Baseball Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid on the day of trials unless stated otherwise.
Baseball Interstate Team Selection Policy
- The positions of Coach, Manager and Tour Manager and Sports Trainer (if required) are advertised annually.
- A representative from Baseball WA will selected by Baseball WA annually.
- The Coach, Assistant Coaches and Manager will be responsible for the selection of the team.
- Trial dates are determined at the Baseball Committee consisting of Coaches and Tour / Team Manager
- Details and nomination form are posted on the SSWA Website
- Team manager will post all details on the Baseball WA website (subject to their approval) advising them of upcoming trial dates and invites schools and individuals to nominate for trial on the SSWA website.
- Nominees are informed of trial date and time by team manager
- Any other relevant information will be posted on the SSWA Interstate Baseball specific facebook page.
- Trials are held at a nominated location(s).
- Trials will be held over multiple sessions.
- All players are advised of selection criteria by the Head Coach prior to commencement of the trial.
- Selectors are allocated duties on the day by the Head Coach
- Successful trialists are notified on the Internet (SSWA and BWA websites) after the trial at a date to be determined and given to trialists.
- Players who can not attend the nominated trial dates will need to inform the Team Manager where alternative arrangements, if required will be made.
- After the trials are finished, the final team is announced and a number of boys (usually 2~3) are invited to continue training with the team in a “train-on” [emergency player] capacity.
- Due to the specialist nature of baseball, a player who needs to be replaced may not necessarily come from the train-on players or players who trialled.
- Players who have a bona fide reason for not trialling, may still be selected in the team if they are available for the Championship.
Players injured during the trial process will not necessarily be omitted from the final team and may be invited by the Selectors to attend trials or squad training at later dates.
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see the Excursion Management Plan - TBC
Click HERE for Championships Risk Management Plan – TBC
Results and History
Results and History
Daily and overall results;
Please click on the below years for WA team history;
Baseball Interstate History 2013
Baseball Interstate History 2012
Baseball Interstate History 2011
Baseball Interstate History 2010
Baseball Interstate History 2009
Baseball Interstate History 2008
Baseball Interstate History 2007
Baseball Interstate History 2006
Baseball Interstate History 2005
Baseball Interstate History 2004
Baseball Interstate History 2003
Baseball Interstate History 2002
Baseball Interstate History 2001
Baseball Interstate History 1989-1999