2017 INTERSTATE AFL BOYS 15s
Who to Contact
|Coach||Ray Barrett||Kiara College||Ray.Barrett@education.wa.edu.au|
|Assistant Coach||Andrew Ruck||Mt Lawley SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assistant Coach||Thomas Moscarda||Wanneroo SCemail@example.com|
|Tour Leader||Paul Beecham||Thornlie SHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sports Trainer||Toni Jones||Bunbury SHSemail@example.com|
Interstate Event Information
|Event Date||Venue /State||Age|
|22 July to 29 July 2017||Perth, WA||
15yrs or under on 31st December
Interstate Trial Information
|Nomination||Please click on the above nomination tab|
|Cost||$20 Payable at time of nomination, through online process|
Trial Information Letter – Click HERE
Latest trial List – Click HERE [Updated 5:00pm Tues 18 April]
All students who nominate will be emailed details of which trial to attend. The email will contain the following:
general information about the schoolboys program
information for parents
a parent consent form
a student health form
and a trial registration form.
Students will need to print the document, complete the required information and bring the paperwork to the trial with them. Please click above to download a copy of this document.
Please click above to see what trial students have been allocated to.
Any students who are unable to trial on the allocated date or time please email Peter Smith to request an alternate time.
Metro North, Metro South and Country & Other: Morris Mundy Reserve, Collins St & Oxford Street, Kensington WA 6151
South West: Hands Oval, Bunbury
|Eligibility||Championships are open to all West Australian students, whether or not they are members of an affiliated club. Students must meet the following criteria:
AFL Boys 15s Interstate Nomination
By submitting this nomination form I agree to the following;
- I have read the Selection Policy
- I will abide by the decisions of the selectors
- My parents are aware of and endorse this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify the school of this nomination
- I understand it is a parent/student responsibility to notify event officials of any medical conditions that may affect the student’s well-being during trials
Please Note: All trial fees are to be paid online at the time of nomination. You will be directed to the payment gateway.
AFL Boys 15s Interstate Team Selection Policy
- The positions of Coach, Manager and Tour Manager are advertised annually
- The football committee appoints the team selectors at the first meeting held after the appointment of officials
- The Chairman of Selectors is appointed by the football committee
Prior to Selection Trials
- Selectors are allocated games to watch during the WAFL 14s Championships
- Selectors meet to determine and discuss player selection criteria
- A list of potential 15s State players(for the following year’s Team) from the championships is compiled
- A recommendation sheet is distributed to WAFL 14s coaches and they are asked to submit their list of better players from the championships to the selection group
- Trial dates are determined at the Football Committee Meeting
- Details and nomination form are posted on the SSWA Website
- Team manager sends an email to all schools and WAFL Clubs advising them of upcoming trial dates and invites schools and individuals to nominate for trial on the SSWA and State Schoolboys websites.
- Nominees are allocated to trial date and time by team manager
- Confirmation of trial allocation and Risk Management documentation is posted to all trialists
- List of nominees is cross matched against list compiled after the 14s championships and contact is attempted with those who have not registered. Schools and WAFL clubs are contacted
- Trials are for South of the River, North of the River and Country boys. These boundaries are not strict and every attempt is made to balance number and allow for injury and non ability to attend certain days.
- Two separate trials of up to 60 boys per trial are held each day
- All players are advised of selection criteria by coach or Chairman of Selectors prior to commencement of the trial
- Selectors are allocated duties on the day by the Chairman of Selectors
- Successful trialists are notified on the Internet after the trial and invited back to a subsequent trial
- At the fourth trial selectors pick a group of boys to attend further training.
- After a set number of training sessions, the final team(s) is announced and a number of boys (usually 5) is invited to continue training with the team(s) in a “train-on” [emergency player] capacity
- Players injured during the trial process will not necessarily be omitted from the final team(s) and may be invited by the Chairman of Selectors to attend trials or squad training at later dates.
- The Chairman of Selectors may advise country players that they can miss certain trials or training sessions due to travel concerns
Should any boy be ruled out prior to the Championship for any reason then the replacement player would be selected from the “train-on” group
Medal Winner Policy
The Medal winner will be decided by the team officials voting on a 5-4-3 – 2 – 1 system after each game. The player with the most votes at the end of the Championship will be named the Medal Winner. Awards will be given to the first three place getters.
Excursion Mgmt Plan
Excursion Management Plan
SSWA is contracted by the Department of Education through a Grant Agreement to provide sport experiences and opportunities for all students in WA schools.
The Grant Agreement with the Department of Education requires SSWA to:
- Maintain appropriate insurances in relation to the provision of the service
- Ensure that compulsory criminal record checks have been completed on all volunteers and employees
- Conduct off school site activities in accordance with the DoE Excursions: Off School Site Activities Policy
Click HERE to see Excursion Management Plan
Results and History